Sunday, August 8, 2010

Featured IR Photographer Showcase - Michael Keesling

Hello loyal IR Buzz Readers, it has been quite some time since anyone contacted me to be Featured here on the Buzz.  Recently I heard from Michael Keesling asking to join the ranks here.  As you will learn from reading Michaels Bio., He has a wide range of experiences in photography, as well as offering Canon A480 P&S IR converted cameras for sale on his web site.  Be sure to take a good look around on the web site as it contains a lot of good information about Infrared Photography.  Opticsgeek  Lets give Michael a warm welcome and many thanks for allowing us to see his wonderful IR work.

Bio:  My first experiences with photography actually started out with holography. Back in 1979, I set up a holography lab in my bedroom at my parents house, and also transitioned into taking and processing B&W images as well. Since then, I have spent most of my life working in the entertainment business, building devices for cinematographers to make compelling images in-camera. In 2002 I received and Emmy for my work, and having achieved that goal, have turned my attention to taking more photos, and relaxing more. I Have a Nikon D40 and a Nikon D300 but I don't like carrying around that much weight in the field. I wanted to get into infrared, so I converted a Canon A480 to IR, and started taking images. I started getting requests from friends to make them cameras, and I finally decided to start selling them online. My goal is to produce full featured, quality IR cameras at a reasonable cost.

Here are a few of my favorite IR Photos.













Copyright Statement: All images and materials displayed and showcased here, are copyrighted and are the exclusive property of the artist. Images and material may not be reproduced or used in any way without the written consent of the artist.

Please Comment Freely to this Post. 

Please let Michael know how much you enjoy his IR Photography!

-=- Jerry -=-
 

2 comments:

mrknaughty said...

hi
Ur colloction awesome and i liked this
image
thanks
mrknaughty

Kort said...

Great gallery of work Michael, welcome to the club! ;)