Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Links - Related to IR Photography - Visit Often!

Refer links that you find useful and that you would like to see added to this list.

Send the the URL via comments to this post, or to my email address, listed below. Content on the web comes and goes, and sometimes moves. If you notice any link that does not work, please notify me for removal or correction.

My Personal Editorial Comment: Although a lot of good information about shooting Infrared Photography has been published on the Internet, and a lot of it is found in the following URLs, make sure that you do your own comprehensive review of the information available to you. In my own experience, much of the information out there on the world wide web is useful and accurate, some of it is only the opinion of the presenter, some of it is not necessarily wrong, but it is of little practical use, and only serves to muddy the waters, and finally, some of it is downright inaccurate. So what else is new? Not much, it turns out. One of the primary purposes for the existence of this site is to cut thru the mass of information available, and present relevant information in a simple and understandable manner. End of Comment.

Companies who will Mod your Camera for Infrared

Various Links with Information about Infrared


Links with ideas about Post Processing

Infrared Group Forums

My email policy: Email me at infraredbuzz at gmail dot com. In order for me to keep valid email messages and dispense with spam you MUST include this "secret handshake" in the subject line. "scooter" (my cat's name). So for example: your subject line would look something like this "scooter hey Jerry I have IR info for you". If I don't see that word somewhere in the subject line, into the cosmic bit bucket goes the email, no exceptions (unless I happen to recognize your email addy). Thanks for your understanding. I expect a lot of unfamiliar email traffic.

Up Front Disclaimer: I do not have any connection to any person or business listed in any of the Links in this list. I do not receive anything of any monetary value or otherwise from the owners of any of the Links. It is quite possible that I may personally know persons involved with the Links, or I may have done personal business with them in the past. I purchase photography equipment and services just as you do. However, I will not recommend or in any way qualify the information or business practices of the owners of the Links. You, and you alone are completely responsible for making your own decisions in the use of information provided in these Links.

-=- Jerry -=-
.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

additional IR photography link with instructions for full-IR conversion of Sony DSC-F7x7:

http://www.pbase.com/nh/717_ir_mod

Anonymous said...

Thank you Neik. I will add your link to the list. Very good information. I would like to contact you about using the information in your link in a future post here at IRBuzz. I will of course give you credit.

Can you reply with to my email address listed in the post?

Thanks,

-=- Jerry -=-

oVan said...

Jerry, thank you for the link back. I'll get my gallery with existing ir work up in the near future.

Anonymous said...

Another place that converts cameras to IR is Advanced Camera Services: http://www.advancedcameraservices.co.uk/

David Hunter - Director of Hunter Geophysics said...

Hello Jerry,

Some may find what I do with IR photography interesting - I use it to locate buried archaeology. My website explains how it all works - http://huntergeophysics.eb2a.com/fot/near-infrared-photography-training.html

Cheers,

Dave Hunter.